We are expanding the Program for creators – Minecraft and littleBits – you can join us at 1. ZŠ a 28. ZŠ Pilsen
|Competition Future Factory
Turn the Minecraft gaming time into learning new technical skills and build the future factory.
Project day at your school developed by nvias and Smart Edu Plzeň. We will show to your kids the way for further education.
Electronic kits littleBits inspires you to experiment, creation and self-study. It’s the easiest way to become an inventor.
For all participants of Minecraft FUTURE FACTORY, we have prepared some tips on how to make a video. You will also find answers to your questions here. First, the most important – where should I place/send my video? You can send the resulting video through the Send it to email@example.com Use Subject FUTURE FACTORY …
During November, we visited the pupils VIII. year 1.ZŠ and showcase the “littleBits” electronic kits in the computer science lesson, in order to open the way to informative thinking instead of teaching office bundles. The class has always been divided into several groups and each was a project based on the kit. One group, according …
littleBits Smart Home Kit everything you need to make your home smart Meet the kit that will upgrade your home and bring it into the 21st century. The Smart Home Kit can turn any dumb household object (like a fan or lamp) into an internet-connected device. Instead of buying a bajillion different smart products, you …
We have prepared a unique competition for you to create the best factory of the future in Minecraft. The general partner of this competition is association TIP, which aims to support technical education in the Pilsen region.
The goal of the competition is to motivate children to turn the time spent in Minecraft game into learning new technical skills, and to show us what is their vision of how the factory will look like in the future.
What will the children learn?
- orientation in 3D space using coordinates
- logic circuits using REDSTONE
- programming and automating with COMMAND_BLOCK
Who can sign up?
- anyone – just choose your category
- we accept teams with minimal 2 members
- pupils from nvias meetups are preparing for this competition automatically
- together with TIP Plzeň, we are preparing workshops at primary schools in the Pilsen region – currently in Staňkov, Stoda and Tachov
- registered participants will receive from us the “how to do”
What are the categories of the competition?
The following categories will be announced.
- up to 10 years – the factory built in vanila Minecraft without modes, must contain the construction itself and some logic / automation using redstone
- 10-16 years – a factory built in vanila Minecraft without modes, must contain the construction itself, some logic / automaton using redstone and the function using block command
- free style – no matter the age, everything is allowed including the use of modes
- The most successful video – voting will be on nvias.org YouTube channel
Texture packs are allowed.
What do I have to create and send?
Each team must create a video with a presentation of their Future Factory. In the video, introduce your team and how you built the factory. Read the Competition criteria to know how the jury will decide.
We also request the following information:
- Team name
- Team members names (minimum 2, max 5)
- The name of the factory
- Short description: 250 characters
- Video length must be 3 min +/- 15 seconds
- Factory and overall concept – own factory environment – paths for material and finished products, energy solutions, possibilities of relaxation, entertainment, living, …
- Logic and Automation – automation and logic solutions in the factory and its surroundings
- Video presentation – Team presentation, factory presentation, surroundings and all sceneries
Why do I have to sign up?
All the teams that we have signed up will receive support:
- tips and tricks for makeup for your factory,
- alerts for workshops that will take place both physically and online
- inspiration from other teams
- team applications – from October 25, 2017
- submission of the competition video
- CHANGE of the date do 26. 1. 2018
- end of public voting for best video – 4. 2. 2018
- announcement and award ceremony – 5. 2. 2018
Prizes for winners
- the main price in each category will be the littleBits – CloudBit and Rule Your Room – opens the opportunity to connect your minecraft to the physical world – see
Registration is open!
Program for creators – Robosoutěž 2017
Program for creators – Talk to Alexa
Program for creators – Through Minecraft To Success
STOP learning – START creating
Accelerate your career – become a Mentor
Are you fascinated by digital technology, IoT, programming, etc.?
Do you have some skills you can share?
Become a Mentor of our meetups and help us with our Products.
What you will get?
- Training on the creating – in the area:
- Leadership, Project and Product management
- Reward and Certificate
- Opportunity to create Products
- Opportunity to Start new Startup
Let us know about yourself – send us email – firstname.lastname@example.org