We are expanding the Program for creators – Minecraft and littleBits – you can join us at 1. ZŠ a 28. ZŠ Pilsen
|Competition Future Factory
Turn the Minecraft gaming time into learning new technical skills and build the future factory.
Project day at your school developed by nvias and Smart Edu Plzeň. We will show to your kids the way for further education.
Electronic kits littleBits inspires you to experiment, creation and self-study. It’s the easiest way to become an inventor.
Sorry, this entry is only available in Czech.
Future Factory Competition results The competition was focused on turning gaming time into learning time and using Minecraft for tech education. We are very pleased with the work of all participants. We believe that the participants have taken advantage of not only their current knowledge, but in many cases they have had to learn a …
Here we go – amazing constructions for the Future Factory competition in Minecraftu. Voting on the most successful viewing video started . The video which gets the most 👍 is winning. Here’s the YouTube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/watch…
Future Factory videos
Year 2017/2018 competition is over
We are looking forward for next year!
We have prepared a unique competition for you to create the best factory of the future in Minecraft. The general partner of this competition is association TIP, which aims to support technical education in the Pilsen region.
The goal of the competition is to motivate children to turn the time spent in Minecraft game into learning new technical skills, and to show us what is their vision of how the factory will look like in the future.
What will the children learn?
- orientation in 3D space using coordinates
- logic circuits using REDSTONE
- programming and automating with COMMAND_BLOCK
Who can sign up?
- anyone – just choose your category
- we accept teams with minimal 2 members
- pupils from nvias meetups are preparing for this competition automatically
- together with TIP Plzeň, we are preparing workshops at primary schools in the Pilsen region – currently in Staňkov, Stoda and Tachov
- registered participants will receive from us the “how to do”
What are the categories of the competition?
The following categories will be announced.
- up to 10 years – the factory built in vanila Minecraft without modes, must contain the construction itself and some logic / automation using redstone
- 10-16 years – a factory built in vanila Minecraft without modes, must contain the construction itself, some logic / automaton using redstone and the function using block command
- free style – no matter the age, everything is allowed including the use of modes
- The most successful video – voting will be on nvias.org YouTube channel
Texture packs are allowed.
What do I have to create and send?
Each team must create a video with a presentation of their Future Factory. In the video, introduce your team and how you built the factory. Read the Competition criteria to know how the jury will decide.
We also request the following information:
- Team name
- Team members names (minimum 2, max 5)
- The name of the factory
- Short description: 250 characters
- Video length must be 3 min +/- 15 seconds
- Factory and overall concept – own factory environment – paths for material and finished products, energy solutions, possibilities of relaxation, entertainment, living, …
- Logic and Automation – automation and logic solutions in the factory and its surroundings
- Video presentation – Team presentation, factory presentation, surroundings and all sceneries
Why do I have to sign up?
All the teams that we have signed up will receive support:
- tips and tricks for makeup for your factory,
- alerts for workshops that will take place both physically and online
- inspiration from other teams
- team applications – from October 25, 2017
- submission of the competition video
- CHANGE of the date do 26. 1. 2018
- end of public voting for best video – 4. 2. 2018
- announcement and award ceremony – 5. 2. 2018
Prizes for winners
- the main price in each category will be the littleBits – CloudBit and Rule Your Room – opens the opportunity to connect your minecraft to the physical world – see
STOP learning – START creating
Accelerate your career – become a Mentor
Are you fascinated by digital technology, IoT, programming, etc.?
Do you have some skills you can share?
Become a Mentor of our meetups and help us with our Products.
What you will get?
- Training on the creating – in the area:
- Leadership, Project and Product management
- Reward and Certificate
- Opportunity to create Products
- Opportunity to Start new Startup
Let us know about yourself – send us email – firstname.lastname@example.org