The goal of the competition is to motivate children to turn the time spent in Minecraft game into learning new technical skills, and to show us what is their vision of how the factory will look like in the future.
What will the children learn?
- orientation in 3D space using coordinates
- logic circuits using REDSTONE
- programming and automating with COMMAND_BLOCK
- interconnection with the real electronics
Who can sign up?
- anyone – just choose your category
- also individuals can jion the competition
- pupils from nvias meetups are preparing for this competition automatically
- together with TIP Plzeň, we are preparing workshops at primary schools in the Pilsen region – check out the workshop list
- registered participants will receive from us the “how to do”
What are the categories of the competition?
The following categories will be announced.
- up to 10 years – the factory built in vanila Minecraft without modes, must contain the construction itself and some logic / automation using redstone
- 10-16 years – a factory built in vanila Minecraft without modes, must contain the construction itself, some logic / automaton using redstone and the function using block command
- Connected worlds – the best realization of Minecraft and littleBits connection
- free style – no matter the age, everything is allowed including the use of modes
- The most successful video – voting will be on nvias.org YouTube channel
Texture packs are allowed.
What do I have to create and send?
Each team must create a video with a presentation of their Future Factory. In the video, introduce your team and how you built the factory. Read the Competition criteria to know how the jury will decide.
We also request the following information:
- Team name
- Team members names (minimum 2, max 5)
- The name of the factory
- Short description: 250 characters
- Video length must be 3 min +/- 15 seconds
- Factory and overall concept – own factory environment – paths for material and finished products, energy solutions, possibilities of relaxation, entertainment, living, …
- Logic and Automation – automation and logic solutions in the factory and its surroundings
- Video presentation – Team presentation, factory presentation, surroundings and all sceneries
Why do I have to sign up?
All the teams that we have signed up will receive support:
- tips and tricks for makeup for your factory,
- alerts for workshops that will take place both physically and online
- inspiration from other teams
- team applications – until December 31th 2018
- submission of the competition video – 20. 1. 2019
- end of public voting for best video – 27. 1. 2019
- announcement and award ceremony – 1. 2019
Prizes for winners
- each participants will receive original t-shirt Future Factory 2018/19
- the main price in each category will be Google Voice AIY kit – including Rapsberry Pi 3
Competition participants registration
(for registration on workshop, please select your workshop here